Zen Mode has a big Flaw! I CAN MAKE OUTGOING CALLS EVEN IN ZEN MODE.

1. AdityaAgrawal516
    Gingerbread Jul 1, 2019

AdityaAgrawal516 , Jul 1, 2019 :
    here i was today putting my phone in zen mode so that i would not be able to access anything because I needed to focus badly on my work ( I am seriously a phone addict, ik I need to work on it). Then i was in an urgent need to call my mom. but since in zen mode I was not able to make outgoing calls I suddenly called my google assistant and told her to call my mom which she did on my phone. I asked it to my phone(oneplus 7) The claims that you cant call anyone in zen mode goes down. I suddenly realised it defeats the purpose. Now i know i can make calls and again would be sticked to my phone all the time. since zen mode actually just displays over the screen instead of actually blocking the functions. I need oneplus to fix this flaw. We wanted a mode thats unbreakable and unaccessible. I hope oneplus sees this and zen mode gets right. I mostly think it is not limited to my handset nor it is limited to my device. I think any device having zen mode has this issue. I mean even the oneplus 7 pro and supported older devices thats gonna receive an update of zen mode.

2. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Jul 1, 2019

Swejuggalo , Jul 1, 2019 :
    Think that can be a problem... Disable voice calling could probably be possible but it would also disable emergency calls via voice commands. Hopefully it can be solved in a way

3. toastytoast1234
    Marshmallow Jul 1, 2019

toastytoast1234 , Jul 1, 2019 :
    We did?

Maybe most of 'us' have some self control.

The1Lion and ghostofcain like this.
  4. AdityaAgrawal516
    Gingerbread Jul 1, 2019

but zen mode is for "those" who don't have enough self control.

5. ghostofcain
    Marshmallow Jul 1, 2019

ghostofcain , Jul 1, 2019 :
    And if you have a life and death situation that you fail to resolve because Zen mode is unbreakable and unaccessible , will you be happy then?

The1Lion likes this.
  6. KeepTransisting
    The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer Jul 1, 2019

7. Swejuggalo

Wasn't the point with Zen mode to cut you of from most functions and to prevent making calls other than emergency calls? Different sources say slightly different things

8. KeepTransisting
    The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer Jul 1, 2019

KeepTransisting , Jul 1, 2019 :
    That's the exact point of Zen mode.

Locking out of phone calls would be a disaster waiting to happen

9. Swejuggalo

Sounds like some disagree slightly about what types of calls that should be allowed in Zen mode. Made me wonder...

10. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Jul 1, 2019

theshinybeast , Jul 1, 2019 :
    Well then "you" may need to seek professional help!

The1Lion likes this.
  11. AdityaAgrawal516
    Gingerbread Jul 1, 2019

to all those speaking here have no idea what is zen mode for. Oneplus specifically provides that you cant make outgoing call. I pointed out the fact that there is a way around. And they need to solve it. So it is not you guys deciding here whether its a disaster or not. Because 98% of the crowd still thinks that there is no way around to make outgoing call. Come on, have some brains in work pal.

12. The1Lion
    Marshmallow Jul 1, 2019

The1Lion , Jul 1, 2019 :
    I wanted an accessible but unbreakable phone myself...

13. The1Lion
    Marshmallow Jul 1, 2019

The1Lion , Jul 1, 2019 :
    Using brains is optional - but what exactly do you think it should do? How would it know an emergency vs non-emergency? Should OP allow calls in Zen or not? If not and you had the "urgent need" to call your mom, should it prevent you from doing so? To me it worked as best it could. It initially prevented you from calling but there was a solution in case you truly need to. So you need to ask yourself if you actually truly need zen mode or not. If you don't have self control, then smash your phone when you want to take a break and after spending countless of dollars to repair or replace your phone I guarantee you will be cured!

ghostofcain and toastytoast1234 like this.
  14. Swejuggalo

I understand the problem.
    Think a solution could be to simply disable the SIM cards during Zen mode. That would still make emergency calls available. But Zen mode did allow incoming call though? So that idea falls on that then...

15. Swejuggalo

National emergency call numbers are usually known and included into the phone and can be used even if the phone does not have a SIM card.

16. AdityaAgrawal516
    Gingerbread Jul 2, 2019

AdityaAgrawal516 , Jul 2, 2019 :
    you guys are making a work around for this. I am quoting that there is this bug which needs to be fixed. You guys are not understanding what i am saying in here.