Zen Mode pushed without asking.

1. Georgeoneplus7pro
    Jelly Bean Aug 18, 2019

Georgeoneplus7pro , Aug 18, 2019 :
    When OnePlus 8 is launched, I will inform myself if it has Zen mode pre-installed, then I will make the purchase decision.

manuel19 and kktpsa like this.
  2. Georgeoneplus7pro
    Jelly Bean Aug 18, 2019

1+ loses customers with Zen stupidity. When OnePlus 8 is released, I will be proud of my new Galaxy S11, without Zen mode. None of the Samsung bloatware will cause me to turn off my crazy phone. And there are many like me, disgusted by this ridiculousness, who are now silent and will quit OnePlus.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2019

infinityplus1 likes this.
  3. KeepTransisting
    The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer Aug 18, 2019

KeepTransisting , Aug 18, 2019 :
    Cool. Maybe they'll get Samsung's and stop plaguing this place with their nonsense

Georgeoneplus7pro and manuel19 like this.
  4. Georgeoneplus7pro
    Jelly Bean Aug 18, 2019

I love OnePlus, but they are not unique. We praise what is good and criticize what is bad.

5. KeepTransisting
    The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer Aug 18, 2019

KeepTransisting , Aug 18, 2019 :
    And many of your criticisms are just ridiculous. Zen mode, a feature you don't even have to use vs Bixby, something so baked into the OS that it has its own hardware button on some devices....

I'll take the former

manuel19 likes this.
  6. Georgeoneplus7pro
    Jelly Bean Aug 18, 2019

My criticisms were only about Zen Mode, which should be an optional application and not a mandatory one. Another problem I do not have with 1+7Pro. On the contrary it is a great phone. I used to say bixby is bloatware and so on.

7. RicRod
    Eclair Aug 18, 2019

kktpsa likes this.
  8. Madnezz4Ever
    Jelly Bean Aug 19, 2019

Madnezz4Ever , Aug 19, 2019 :
    85.18kb is used since Aug 16, which isn't much.

If you click on data usage, you'll see other apps are included with that usage.

manuel19 and ngydat like this.
  9. kktpsa
    Gingerbread Aug 21, 2019

kktpsa , Aug 21, 2019 :
    Thats wise. I had this same un-asked question, I thought may be it uses it to upload local photos. But why not allowed to run without that permission? Shady.

On the other hand. In the Recent App Management setting, there is deep clear mode, which force-stops all the running apps when you click the clear all button. I was happy with it until I noticed that the community app, oneplus care, one plus switch, file manager, gallery, and some other apps are reserved to keep running even after swipe up or clear all. Some need to run for background backup and notifications, I can understand, but for other apps it seems invalid.

10. kktpsa
    Gingerbread Sep 4, 2019

kktpsa , Sep 4, 2019 :
    I believe there is a new bumdog employee in oneplus, who is trying to earn extra.
    Forcestop button is active, still cannot work. Its a trick, they will send an update which will allow the disable button, saying it was a bug. Until then they are trying to suck up as much as data that they wanted from all users.

V1543877484217 likes this.
  11. N1543502811506
    Eclair Sep 6, 2019

N1543502811506 , Sep 6, 2019 :
    Zen mode is BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING BLOATWARE. I bought a OnePlus phone to avoid that. I did not give permission for Zen mode to run in the background permanently sending out 10 meg of information every day. look into Data information on your phone to find this is true. you can turn off notifications but you cannot turn off Zen mode it runs constantly.

kktpsa likes this.
  12. Gimmemabrewski
    Donut Sep 29, 2019

Gimmemabrewski , Sep 29, 2019 :
    Mines using enough to be upset about. Never used the app. Just notified me tonight

Attached Files:

kktpsa likes this.
  13. kktpsa
    Gingerbread Oct 16, 2019

kktpsa , Oct 16, 2019 :
    Hello, is everyone accepting the Zen Mode updates? I tried updating once, but they are still not providing control over it.
    Please do not update untill they do that.

14. manuel19
    The Lab - OnePlus 8T Reviewer Oct 16, 2019

manuel19 , Oct 16, 2019 :
    For 10€ I can predict you the future so you can be able to purchase your new phone as soon as it launches

You are annoyed by Zen being bloat but are okay with a samsung device that comes with, what feels like, the half play store preinstalled and not uninstallable? Apps like facebook? Giving facebook root access to even further collect your data? You guys are delusional. :D:tearsofjoy:

15. manuel19

manuel19 , Oct 16, 2019 :
    Click on the data usage, you will see that this number is bundled for several apps, where Android OS and Location Services for example, are a part of as well. It's just the count for all those services together

16. kktpsa
    Gingerbread Oct 16, 2019

kktpsa , Oct 16, 2019 :
    Now they are offering game Medals for using ZenMode, slowly validating their data access. Is everyone keen to achieve those medals?

17. kktpsa
    Gingerbread Oct 16, 2019

kktpsa , Oct 16, 2019 :
    Its bundled, which means they dont want you to restricts its access.

There are tons of posts against Samsung data collection and bloatware, everywhere. Everyone knows it.
    But here we are pointing and worrying about OnePlus loosing their concept.

18. manuel19

manuel19 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Oct 16, 2019 :
    You know that almost everything collects data nowadays?
    If you are seriously concerned about this, throw away your smartphone and get yourself a brick phone again. I'm sure zen mode doesn't collect more data than the system collects any way.

You're using Android OS? Your data is being collected.
    You're using iOS? Your data is collected as well.
    You're using third party apps? Guess what happens with your data? It's collected.
    You're using the internet? Your data is collected.
    Your point is useless. Don't use any kind of technology if you're worrying about this.

19. kktpsa
    Gingerbread Oct 22, 2019

kktpsa , Oct 22, 2019 :
    We will.
    We want to use technology, by taming and blocking the corrupt.

20. laocheebye
    Froyo Oct 25, 2019

laocheebye , Oct 25, 2019 :
    I don't know who you are but I am not sure nobody wants some crazy Indian's data.