Jelly Bean Oct 13, 2019

CosmoKramer70 , Oct 13, 2019 :
    Cupcakes...

Oh wait...*insert palm to face*

Waveform Modifier likes this.
  6. soulsurfer4life
    Donut Oct 15, 2019

soulsurfer4life , Oct 15, 2019 :
    I'm glad the developers listened to OnePlus users (like myself) whom were adamant this "Zen Mode" app should be an optional install and not forced on us. We don't need a babysitter. Though the app seems to be "installed" on my 6T, I can't find it in any app drawers. That's a little weird.

Has the zen mode app become an unlisted spyware app collecting data? *shrugs* I'm not trying to start any conspiracies. Nevertheless, I'm glad this app is no longer uses resources from my device.

The concept of the zen mode app is a good idea in theory. Again, the app should be an optional install to those who want it. Seriously, if you're addicted to your device, an app isn't going to cut it. It's probably time to seek professional help.

1571167860612.jpg

7. Madnezz4Ever
    Jelly Bean Oct 15, 2019

Madnezz4Ever , Oct 15, 2019 :
    soulsurfer4life

I'm glad the developers listened to OnePlus users (like myself) whom were adamant this "Zen Mode" app should be an optional install and not forced on us. We don't need a babysitter. Though the app seems to be "installed" on my 6T, I can't find it in any app drawers. That's a little weird.

Has the zen mode app become an unlisted spyware app collecting data? *shrugs* I'm not trying to start any conspiracies. Nevertheless, I'm glad this app is no longer uses resources from my device.

The concept of the zen mode app is a good idea in theory. Again, the app should be an optional install to those who want it. Seriously, if you're addicted to your device, an app isn't going to cut it. It's probably time to seek professional help.

hi View attachment 1154768

There not listening as Zen mode is probably on your phone. You have to edit the quick menu at the top to see the toggle.

It's probably not using data unless you use it as the total usage is between a lot of other things to.

Lots of things should be optional and there not.

You can remove Zen mode using a PC.

If you're worried about data collection, then you shouldn't be using the internet as your info is collected and sold by every site you visit and that includes your ISP and cell phone carrier.

8. soulsurfer4life
    Donut Oct 16, 2019

soulsurfer4life , Oct 16, 2019 :

Madnezz4Ever

1571225742421.jpg

1571225742451.jpg

Seems that I spoke too soon. The zen mode is "back".

This app was not on the phone for nearly a year after I bought it. And then this app was forced upon me.

It isn't possible to uninstall this app from a PC. Quite a lot of us on this side of the world have been looking for a solution to uninstall/delete this app from our devices. The app is installed and the only "option" is to not update.

Forums here in the West are full of threads with people trying to uninstall this app. As I mentioned previously, the only option is to not update the device or going the direction of "root".

And that's another thing as well. The majority of the positive reviews for this app is coming from the region where the market for the OnePlus brand is well known.

The description of this app starts off with "zen mode will help you put down your and enjoy your life".

Really? People need an app to help regulate their time away smartphones? This is what the world has come to.

And, for people like myself, whom their device(s) are essential tools for their profession, we need to deal bothersome apps as zen mode.

The motto for OnePlus is "never settle". There is a burn in those words because I've had this device for 11 months and my experience has not been good. Honestly, it has been 50% dealing with device issues and 50% wondering "what are they going to do next?".

This is unacceptable.​

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 16, 2019

9. Madnezz4Ever
    Jelly Bean Oct 16, 2019

Madnezz4Ever , Oct 16, 2019 :
    I wouldn't say it was forced upon you as you aren't forced to update your OS, you would just be out of date. It was on the update log.

There are posts from people on here who have uninstalled it using sdb commands on a PC. I haven't tried it as it doesn't bother me that it's on my phone. I just don't use it and ignore it.

10. Waveform Modifier
    Marshmallow Oct 16, 2019

soulsurfer4life likes this.
  11. F1571842145209
    Cupcake Oct 23, 2019

F1571842145209 , Oct 23, 2019 :
    My quick setting tray doesn't have zen mode when i drag setting down. Also i cant find it in my settigns.

Currently i only access it by going to google play and open zen mode application.

Please let me know how I can get the option.

12. The Bilge Rat
    Donut Oct 23, 2019

13. Madnezz4Ever
    Jelly Bean Oct 23, 2019

Madnezz4Ever , Oct 23, 2019 :
    You need to edit your quick settings by dragging it fully down and hitting the pencil icon.