Zero Audio Carbon Tenore Headphones Mini Review [IEM]

1. Stefan Petit-Freres
    Gingerbread Dec 12, 2014

Stefan Petit-Freres , Dec 12, 2014 :
    Little Review of the Carbon Tenore IEMS (In Ear Headphones)

After getting used to the cheap and powerful beauty that are the Xiaomi Piston 2.1s, I wanted to see if there were any other affordable competitors that sounded better. This review is about a couple of buds that are more expensive, but definitely worth it.

Build/ Packaging
    These buds have packaging equivalent to that of $8 skull candy ear buds, so don't expect anything too nice. After managing to get through the evil plastic packaging, the first thing I noticed is the weight. I've never felt such light IEMs in my life. The cable is extremely thin, the L-shaped jack is thin, the plastic headphones themselves are thin. Just about everything in this pair of buds scream sleek and thin. The only downside I see with this thinness is the fact that the cord is longer than your average pair and can easily get tangled. Also, they sacrifice volume controls to keep these light. The second thing you should notice are the intrusive looking headphones. They look like two ear probes. It's like the company wants these things to touch your eardrums. If you are buying these, I'd advise you to exercise caution with these. Don't stick them too far into your ear please.

Sound Quality

I waited about a week and a half to write this review just to have these buds burn in. These headphones latch onto the ear like a leech and give you the best darned sound quality you can get from a sub $50 pair. They don't blow me away, but they sure do make an impression. The bass isn't muddled, they have a nice clean kick. There isn't any noise regardless of the frequency. Highs, mids, lows, they are all there. This causes for a very natural sound, meaning the headphones don't really alter the sound of what is listened to. Some companies try hard to add a "bass boost" in headphones and often distort the quality of songs. These are good all around headphones, but I'd recommend them to people who enjoy listening topop. I don't notice any problems currently, but I'll be sure to listen for any in the future.

Conclusion

Well, should I buy them? Yes, if you don't already have Xiaomi Piston's. Even if these sound better than the Pistons, I'm not sure the $20 extra dollars you'll pay for these ones will be worth it. It all depends on if you want to spend that money on buds without volume controls. That seems to be a real deal breaker for some. Other than that, these headphones, so far, are the best sub $50 dollar pairs I've owned.

Advantages
    - Light
    - Very Flexible
    - Great Range of Sound
    - Clean, no noise
    - Affordable
    - L-Shaped Jack!

Disadvantages
    - Gets easily tangled
    - More expensive than Pistons
    - Lack of Volume Controls

[​IMG]