2. ijat
    Eclair Aug 22, 2015

3. Deactivated User
    Aug 22, 2015

4. bakal_daw
    Honeycomb Aug 22, 2015

bakal_daw , Aug 22, 2015 :
    Ch
    Cheaper than OP2 less 1GB ram...How much are you looking at?

5. bakal_daw
    Honeycomb Aug 22, 2015

bakal_daw , Aug 22, 2015 :
    Won't be cheaper than that I guess...

6. Shuller
    Jelly Bean Aug 22, 2015

Shuller , Aug 22, 2015 :
    OK, however Company Guys decide for what hardware to build CyanogenMod right? I think it is so. And when one company breaks a deal, Cyanogen can easily stay away from creating CyanogenMod for that company hardware.

7. Miraculix92
    Eclair Aug 22, 2015

Miraculix92 , Aug 22, 2015 :
    Sorry, have to disagree again :-/ Cyanogenmod is available for so many devices (take a look at their page) the company Cyanogen takes it and improves it for certain handsets where it is preinstalled and then called Cyanogen OS. However, Cyanogenmod is open source and programmed by a lot of developers wordlwide, otherwhise so many devices couldn't be supported. There is even a tutorial in their wiki for everyone to teach porting cyanogenmod on a device that does not yet have it. It is totally relying on private people there.

The company Cyanogen only takes the base (cyanogenmod) and works on a version/port for certain devices they have contracts with, and that of course with people who get paid.
    If you want to put it that way, Cyanogen pays people to port and improve the open source Cyanogenmod (or in their case they call it Cyanogen OS) for devices of companies they make contracts with.

However, this does NOT affect the most part of the devices supported by cyanogenmod (which are mangaged by private people in their free time) it only affects a few, as the Oneplus One for example and as long as they had a contract.

As I said if you want, take a look at the huge number of supported devices on the cyanogenmodsite. This is not done and decided by a company and then given away for free, this is the work of many "free devs", a community. Also you can read this in more detail in the internet.

Hope that clarifies things for you :) its not all companies out there ;)

8. vrdeepakprakash
    Donut Aug 22, 2015

9. Cindy Z
    Eclair Aug 24, 2015

10. newfguy
    Honeycomb Aug 24, 2015

jimberkas likes this.
  11. gyurma
    Gingerbread Aug 24, 2015

gyurma , Aug 24, 2015 :
    299 is the RRP for the international model, it'll be more likely around 340 in the shops. They normally offer free shipping. Does OPT charge for shipping?

12. jimberkas
    KitKat Aug 24, 2015

Last edited: Aug 24, 2015

13. Sg3killer
    Honeycomb Aug 24, 2015

14. Me1256
    KitKat Aug 24, 2015

15. alon17cr
    Gingerbread Aug 24, 2015

alon17cr , Aug 24, 2015 :
    yeah it's a nice-on-paper phone, manly the 4.1 Ah battery and CYANOGEN... btw there is another thread about this :oops:

16. kc4one
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 24, 2015

17. srvan1
    Honeycomb Aug 25, 2015

srvan1 , Aug 25, 2015 :
    True, and it also rhymes with Fu*k, as in WTF, cheap Chinese phone companies with big dreams (or delusions) are flooding the market.

18. neil54
    Froyo Aug 25, 2015

neil54 , Aug 25, 2015 :
    I'm looking forward to seeing the specs and price for this phone, could it be competition to the OPT?

19. gyurma
    Gingerbread Aug 25, 2015

gyurma , Aug 25, 2015 :
    sure, backed by Lenovo and 360. As OP is backed by OPPO if I'm not mistaken. Competition is healthy, it is good for us and it will make devices better and prices lower. OPO was a pretty good device with a low(ish) price tag, ZUK is after the same position and I recon they want to come up with their second version with a higher price and higher specs as OPT. On the side some of us wants reliable phone with no throttles and sudden freezes thus the 801 is better suited (no I did not say better) than the 810. And the invite system.......

20. Badbapt
    Gingerbread Aug 25, 2015